We grew 33 Fairy Tale pumpkins this year. The largest one weighed in at 47 lbs. No joke.
Now I’m making everything pumpkin.
This smoothie is delicious. It tasted like pumpkin pie.
What you need
- Blender or similar
- Pint Glass
- 1 Scoop Epic Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 10 Ice Cubes
- 2/3 Cups Pumpkin Purée (fresh baked, steamed or pressure cooked is best)
- 5 Dates (pitted)
- 1T nut butter
- 1T Maple Syrup
- 1T Pumpkin Spice OR
- 1/2t Penzy’s Cinnamon
- 1/4t Organic Ginger powdered
- 1/4t Nutmeg
I build my shakes in a Blendtec in this order on purpose. I’ve learned how to avoid chunkier and powder puffs. The first two steps are critical in my opinion.
The simple steps are...
- PLACE ALL OF YOUR INGREDIENTS ON THE COUNTER BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
- Combine milk and ice cubes in your pint glass (or serving glass). It should reach 75% full. If it doesn’t, add ice if you like it thicker or almond milk if you like it less thick.
- Pour cubes and milk into blender.
- Protein Powder
- Spices (remember it is EITHER / OR on the two suggestions)
- Nut Butter
- Pumpkin purée
- Maple syrup
- Put lid tightly on blender and BLEND on “smoothie” level. A Blendtec increases and reduces the blade spin over about 30 seconds. After one blend process, remove lid.
- 8) Chop dates and add (this is for sweetness and thickness…I also love getting the jelly bellies at the end and during drinking my shakes).
- Put lid back on tightly. Blend again on smoothie setting or until you don’t hear stuff bumping into the blades.
- Serve it up!!