Made a meal plan and so far I’m sticking to it. Did my shopping and planning on Sunday.
It’s the ONLY WAY to do it – no matter how much I fight it.
This morning I made Muesli with what I had in my cupboard
1 C Bob’s Redmill Gluten Free Oats
1T flaked coconut
Chopped the following lightly:
1T raw pecan
1T raw cashews
2T raw walnuts
1T flax (ground)
2T raw almond
1/4c dried cranberries
½ banana – sliced and chopped (to spread the sweetness)
3 large strawberries, chopped
½ apple chopped (skin on)
1/2t flaked coconut (on top of the above you bake)
Drizzle of REAL maple syrup
1) Turn on oven, set to 350. Set rack to the middle/lower portion of oven.
2) Prep an edged cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3) Place all Part 1 in a big bowl and blend with a fork. Toss a lot.
4) Spread on cookie sheet.
5) Don’t wait for oven to be ready (preheated). Bake for 3 minutes and then toss (I take the sheet out and lift the parchment edges and that seems to move it around nicely). Place back in oven and bake for another 3 minutes.
6) Coconut will brown fast, don’t leave this alone or your’ll ruin it all.
7) Remove and place in a big bowl.
8) Scoop out 1/3c for a “serving” and add Part 2 on top.
9) Once you’ve got both parts in your bowl add milk THEN drizzle maple syrup.
You could put this on top of plain yogurt too.
Approximately 400 k/cals for a serving (depending on your toppings and whether you use nut, rice, dairy milk or yogurt)
Serving size 1/3 cup of Part 1.