5 apples, cored (not peeled)
- Place all of your ingredients on the counter before turning on the InstantPot.
- Chop apples in medium slices. 1 apple should net you 6 cuts. Remove stem and seeds plus seed shells. If you really only have 4 minutes, cut apple into 12 chunks. Chunks should be same size.
- Set InstantPot to SAUTÉ.
- Add butter then count to 4 while it melts and add apples.
- Stir butter and apples until they begin to sizzle (about a minute).
- Sprinkle cinnamon in and stir.
- Place lid on InstantPot.
- Reset to MANUAL mode.
- Timer at 4 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally (if possible). If not, cut the apple chunks into equal smaller sizes (so one apple getting you 12 cuts for example).
Apple sauce can be chunky or smoother. It can be used to replace oils in recipes and also sweeten food naturally.
For a less chunky applesauce, place finished apples in a blender and pulse until you get the consistencies you are looking for.
Store in a air tight container.
Use before 3-4 days – it if lasts that long!