Black Lentil Garbanzo Bean Stew In 12 minutes flat
More time is spent chopping the vegetables you want to put into this stew than it takes to cook it in the Instant Pot.
I think Instant Pot and recipes like this can inspire our kids to learn how to cook.
- Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker)
- Sharp chopping knife and cutting board (I use a different board for onion and garlic)
- 1t EVOO or 3T water (for sauté portion)
- 1 diced onion
- 6 diced garlic
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1t cayenne
- 1/2t cinnamon (optional)
- 1t turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 32 oz crushed tomato
- 1 1/2 cup rinsed lentils (I used black, any type work – the all turn brown)
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1 large sweet potato skin ON, diced
- 3 potatoes skin ON (regular) chop dice-size
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (rinsed)
- Place all of your ingredients on counter IN ADVANCE measured out.
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté mode
- Add oil or 3T of water
- Immediately add garlic, onion, carrots and celery and toss for 3 minutes (until softer or onions translucent)
- Add spices, stir well
- Add crushed tomato, stir
- Add lentils
- Add broth
- Add lentils
- Add remainder of ingredients
- Cancel InstantPot then immediate press MANUAL MODE
- Check the pressure knob is on “PRESSURE” setting
- Set manual mode to HIGH pressure and 12 minutes and allow pressure to reduce on its own
In a rush to eat? Cook for 14 minutes and release steam (BE CAREFUL it is super hot!)
I put all of these steps to make it easy to follow.
I hope you enjoy!
Great news! Get $50 off your very own InstantPot by using Coupon Code 805BC at checkout. You need to buy from Instant Pot’s website directly. GO THERE NOW CLICK HERE